- Posted by Colombia
- On Friday May 12th, 2017
- 0 Comments
- 2017 colombia-france year, acquisition of local businesses, bogota book fair, bogota photographic biennial, cartagena international film festival, Colombia, destino francia, france, french alliances, french presence in colombia, french summit, inter-university meetings, investment in colombia, lyon, manizales image festival, welcome to france fair
The 2017 Colombia-France Year is expected to be the most important cultural event for this year in this Latin American country, this event is also a confirmation of the French improving presence in Colombia.
For example, in the case of Cooperation, Colombia is the fourth ally in the world of the French government. Since 2009 and after 8 years, several projects have been carried out on three major themes: sustainable development of territories, biodiversity and work in regions within the framework of post-conflict. Nearly 800 million dollars were destined for the peace process agenda, because some projects have been developed in vulnerable territories. Besides, more precise actions are projected with a disbursement of 3 million euros.
In the private sector, more French companies are arriving to Colombia, as it is the case of Decathlon, an outdoor sports company interested in the cares of the environment. There is also Morpho a corporation specialized in developing technology for digital identification in areas such as medicine, security and personal banking, among others.
This year, at least 4 medium-sized French companies have entered the Colombian market through the acquisition of local businesses: Guerbet (one of the world’s leading producers of radiology contrast products), Delta Plus (an important actor in the field pf personal safety equipment), Elis (European leader in the leasing and washing of textiles) and Loxam (leasing equipment for professionals).
Nowadays, there are 200 French companies located in the country, which generate 100,000 direct and 200,000 indirect jobs. Furthermore, France has an excellent cultural image in Colombia: a network of 12 French Alliances (the 2nd worldwide after Brazil), 130 university cooperation agreements.
Some important events scheduled for the 2017 Colombia-France Year are:
- France will be a special guest at: the Bogota Book Fair, the Bogota Photographic Biennial, the Manizales Image Festival and the Cartagena International Film Festival.
- Economy: the fair “Welcome to France” in Bogota (economic, university and tourist attraction); the economic thematic forum in Paris, organized by the Ministry of Economy that will focus on the conditions of foreign investment in Colombia, French focal point on commercial salons.
- Universities and research: “Destino Francia” in Bogota, a fair to show the advantages of the French-Colombian inter-university meetings in Lyon, as well as forums; to exhibit the value of studies and careers, (an inform and new orientations); sustainable cities and colloquium cycles.
- French language: organization of the French Summit.