- Posted by Colombia
- On Monday November 14th, 2016
- 0 Comments
- banks, Bogotá, car, Colombia, credit and debit cards, dorado airport, hotels, keep car windows closed, phone numbers, street
Colombia’s capital is a city that is growing everyday as the business and investment center of the region. By turning more and more cosmopolite, it is also characterized by its diversity in both cultural and tourism agendas, multiple events, festivals, gastronomy, huge concerts, luxurious commercial establishments and an amusing nightlife.
But, as any other city in the world, safety is a parameter that must be integrated into the daily life of its inhabitants. Up next, we will give you some advice for you to have a pleasant stay in Bogota:
At El Dorado airport:
- Do not disregard your luggage, keep your passport and flying pass on a safe place but keep it where you can reach for it easily.
- In case of needing a cab, look only for authorized and recognized by the airport vehicles. Under no circumstance you must accept offers of informal transportation.
- At the airport you can find vacuum packaging for your suitcases, internet service, currency exchange houses, police commandos, airport health offices and banks among other services.
At your accommodation:
- Accommodation services must run under a National Tourism Register certificate (RNT) attesting them as authorized to lend this service.
- It is important to look for the location of extinguishers and alarms on the hall of your bedroom.
- Use the safety boxes of the hotel.
On the street:
- Always have the addresses of both your lodging places, as well as where you are headed.
- Try not to walk by lonely and short lighted places, vacant lots as wastelands or alleys, especially late at night.
- Avoid wearing jewelry or ostentatious accessories that may draw attention, also be cautious with video and photography cameras as well as with mobile phones.
- Do not receive food or objects from strangers.
- It is preferable not to take taxis on street. Ask for service from the hotel or where you are located. The bars and restaurants are also able to request this service. As well as there are applications for smartphones to order taxis such as Tappsi, Easy Taxi and Droid Taxi, available for Apple and Android phones.
- It is better for you to carry copies and not the original of your id or official documents.
With money and cards:
- Keep your credit and debit cards in a safe place and only carry the cash you need.
- Change money only in hotels, banks or authorized exchange houses.
- Keep track of your cards and documents when you deliver them to pay.
- Use ATMs located inside banks, malls, or those with security guards.
In the car:
- Keep car windows closed especially at traffic lights, lock the doors and place the bags and suitcases on the floor so they are not visible.
- In Colombia there is a zero alcohol tolerance in traffic laws in the country.
Important phone numbers:
- You can get information 24 hours a day by dialing 123 for emergencies in the city or 195 for general information services.
SRS Colombia has safety programs available for multinational companies, with specialized personnel for groups, expatriates and their families.